Data Loss should be your number one priority when speaking with your IT provider. What are they doing for backup of your systems? Is everything onsite? What happens if the building burns down? Here are some statistics gathers at various sites.
- 30% of all businesses that have a major fire go out of business within a year. 70% fail within five years. (Home Office Computing Magazine)
- 31% of PC users have lost all of their files due to events beyond their control.
- 34% of companies fail to test their tape backups, and of those that do, 77% have found tape back-up failures.
- 60% of companies that lose their data will shut down within 6 months of the disaster.
- 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster. 50% of businesses that found themselves without data management for this same time period filed for bankruptcy immediately. (National Archives & Records Administration in Washington)
Priority IT will help with deciding on the best practice for your company based on amount of data, costs, and time available for backups. Whichever route is taken we will make sure that you are covered.